|Famous For||Mathematics, Business, Science|
|Famous For||Mathematics, Business, Science|
Established in 1906, Itchen College is a state funded and inspected Sixth form for 16-19 year old local and international students studying A levels in over 50 subjects in order to progress onto top ranking Universities. Our International School has been helping students from all over the world to achieve A Level and IELTS English Language success for over 15 years. Every year students come from over 50 countries to study alongside 1,300 local students at this small, friendly and caring college. This year we have around 100 international students studying Intensive English only or combining it with 3 or 4 A level subjects in order to progress to University.
Every year the college achieves excellent results and this is due to the high quality teaching; many teachers are exam markers and the one-to-one care given to students in order to help them achieve their full potential. The college is dedicated to guiding students, right from their subject choices through to their UCAS University applications. Great care is given to students’ welfare and every student is looked after by a Personal Tutor and regularly meets their subject teachers one-to-one in order to review their academic progress.
Itchen College is situated in a quiet residential area in the historic maritime city of Southampton
- Fine shopping
- Entertainment, cinema, theatre etc...
- Culture and history
- Excellent sport and leisure facilities
Southampton has excellent transport links. Rail and coach make places such as London (100 km) and Oxford (100 km) easily accessible and Southampton International Airport has scheduled flights to most of Europe.
There is plenty for you to do in and around Southampton. Historic Salisbury and Winchester, the New Forest, the Isle of Wight and the beaches of Bournemouth are all within easy reach.
The College has excellent results. In 2011/2012 our results were:
- overall pass rate of 97.7%
- 100% pass rate in 25 subjects
- A*-B 50% (international students)
- A*-C 70% (international students)
- 100% of our international students who took A levels progressed onto University
- 88% of our international students who took A levels went to University in UK
Services for International Students
At Itchen College International School we are dedicated to supporting you.
- We guide you through the application and visa process
- Itchen’s “Highly Trusted Sponsor” status makes it easier to get a student visa.
- We meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation.
- We help you to open a bank account and give you practical help with day-to-day living.
- Your Personal Tutor helps you with any problems you may have
- Your subject teachers review your academic progress in regular one-to-one meetings
- We guide you through the University (UCAS) application progress
- Our students enjoy many cultural visits and social activities
We meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation. We arrange for you to live with a local family and 90% of our international students live within a 10 minute walk of Itchen College. This way, you get to know the English way of life and learn English more quickly. Great care is taken to find the best choice for every student. We regularly visit all our home stay families and each is police checked to ensure your safety and comfort.
You can choose a standard or superior room, self-catering or half-board. See http://www.itchen.ac.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=277&Itemid=154 for more details.
- Intensive English for all levels; Cambridge General English; IELTS; Business English
- Over 50 A level subjects, G.C.S.E.s, vocational BTEC and NVQ courses.
Business & Administration
- Business Administration
Computing and IT
- English Language & Literature
- Travel & Tourism
- Mathematics & Further Mathematics
Many more courses in Art, Design, Sport, Media & Communication, Care, Performing Arts & Music, Modern Languages etc...See www.itchen.ac.uk for a full list.
AS/A2 Level £6150
Pre-A Level £6150
English as a Foreign Language Courses
(starting dates available each half-term)
- One academic year £6150
- One half-term (based on 6 weeks) £1020
Cultural & Educational trips
(compulsory fee for first year students only)
- One academic year £100
- One half-term (based on 6 weeks) £17
- Half-board (£103 or £123 per week) £4944 or £5904 (for 48 weeks)
- Self-catering (£73 or £93 per week) £3504 or £4464 (for 48 weeks)
Fees are based on a 48 week year in a home stay. Half-board includes breakfast and evening meals during the week and if required, lunch at the weekends. Each student has a single room and the use of all facilities.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Please pay a refundable deposit of £1000 and a non-refundable application fee of £100 by bank transfer when you submit your completed application form. Please also send a copy of your passport and relevant qualifications, including your IELTS certificate. We will then process your application. If you fail to get a student visa we will refund your initial deposit.
Please note that we charge a non-refundable fee of £100 to process your application.